Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Christmas goodies

I went to the craft store yesterday to pick out some things for Christmas gifts.I decided to make bracelets.They're quick,easy (except for determining which beads to use!),and fairly professional looking.



I had sort of a hard time determining what size I should make them.They're for an 8 year old and a 10 year old (somewhere around there).I ended up making them so they just barely fit my wrist.They might be a bit big,but they'll grow,right?



And here's that tea dyed yarn in its last few minutes as a nice butterscotch colored yarn (not bad,eh?)

Here's the yarn after a dunk in the Kool-aid.

It turns out that the grocery store didn't have any blue kool-aid.Sux0r.I really wanted blue.
I think I like the purple..In hindsight,the 2 packets I used is probably a bit too much.I would have liked the color to be a little more muted.It's a cool look though.
Swatch:

2 comments:

bunchkin said...

I like the purple, it's very pretty. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

the jewellery u made looks awesome! I wished I have crafty fingers like yours! and the dark brownish yarn looks delicious!